Discourse’s Fourth BirthdayJeff Atwood February 6, 2017
As of today*, it’s been four years of Discourse!
It feels like only only yesterday that we launched Discourse as an open source project. We’ve certainly been busy for the last four years:
- 1 official non-beta release of Discourse
- 7 total releases of Discourse, currently on 1.8 beta
- ~600 hosted customers
- ~8000 public installations of Discourse on the Internet
- 21837 commits, 560 contributors, 20541 stars on our open source code at GitHub
- 17500 topics, 245000 replies, 24000 users on meta.discourse.org
I’m happy to announce that in our fourth year, we’ve just added two team members:
@falco aka Rafael dos Santos Silva from Brazil
@oblakeerickson aka wait for it.. O. Blake Erickson from Idaho, USA
This brings the total Discourse team size up from 9 to 11 souls.
Where do we go from here? Everywhere! Can’t stop. Won’t stop.
More Discourses, more features, more plugins, more integrations. Maybe throw a few new Emoji in there for good measure while we’re at it. And all of it, always, 100% free and open source for you, forever.
* OK technically yesterday but come on that was a Sunday!