Our Discourse AI modules are designed to make your community experience easier, simpler, faster and hopefully, more fun. Today, we’re excited to announce the “AI Bot” module, which uses the power of conversation to help you get any of your questions, suggestions, recommendations, or comments answered in seconds. All you have to do is ask!
The AI Bot allows for direct integration with generative AI powered by OpenAI (ChatGPT) or Anthropic (Claude).
Try it out today! Enter your API keys, and select the groups that should have access. It's available to everyone, including hosted by Discourse customers and self-hosted sites.
Why should you use Discourse AI Bot?
- Rich integration into Discourse: Our AI Bot is a Discourse expert, ready to answer all your community and Discourse questions.
- Collaborative: Multiple people can simultaneously interact with the AI bot in one conversation.
- Reduced friction: Get your questions answered in seconds without having to scour the internet or even Discourse itself.
- Available 24/7: AI Bot is available around the clock, anytime and anywhere even when support or your users can’t be reached.
- Centralized: AI bot conversations are Discourse personal messages. Administrators can audit and set rules for conversation using a centralized warning. You can grant full access to groups of your choosing using a single API key.
Who can use it?
The AI Bot module can be enabled for any group of users on your Discourse instance. Out-of-the-box we enable it for all staff but you can enable it for any additional groups or your entire community.
How do you use it?
Once enabled, you should see the "AI Bot icon" in the top right corner. Click it and you can start conversing with AI Bot right away.
As soon as you send the initial message, AI Bot will begin replying immediately, streaming its response to you in real time, so you don’t have to wait more than a few seconds before receiving an answer. After the initial exchange, AI Bot will also title the message automatically so it’s easy to find later.
Depending on the help you need, you have several different “personas” to choose from. Personas are here to help you get the best answer for your needs…
- Forum Helper: General purpose AI bot capable of searching your current Discourse instance and using that information to perform various tasks.
- i.e - What are the top posts for AI?
- Settings Explorer: AI Bot specialized in helping explore Discourse site settings (aware of Discourse source code).
- i.e - How do I enable Discourse AI on my Discourse site?
- SQL Helper: AI Bot specialized in helping craft SQL queries for the data explorer plugin on your Discourse Instance.
- i.e - Write me a query to find all the AI bot messages by a specific customer/user
- Artist: AI Bot specialized in generating images using stable diffusion XL.
- i.e - Draw me a picture of a cat
- Researcher: AI Bot with Google access to research information for you.
- i.e - How many legs does a dinosaur have?
- Creative: AI Bot without any external integrations.
- i.e - Come up with 5 ideas to improve community engagement
Whether you’re just starting with Discourse or a veteran community moderator, anyone and everyone can benefit from the AI bot’s help. It doesn’t matter how simple or complex the questions are, Discourse AI bot will do its best to get you an answer.
Check out the AI Bot topic in our support community for full details.