We are pleased to announce the v1.0 release of WP Discourse, our official WordPress plugin.
If you haven't heard about WP Discourse before you can learn more about it below.
Use Discourse for comments:
This is what it looks like on our very own blog.discourse.org.
- Automatically creates a forum topic for discussion when a new blog post is published.
- Associates WP author accounts with their respective Discourse accounts. Does not require SSO.
- Replies from the forum discussion can be embedded in the WP blog post. Select which replies to display based on post score and commenter "trust level" -- see docs.
Tune the settings to your liking:
See it live:
Single Sign On
The plugin also comes with optional SSO functionality which lets you use your WordPress site as the Single Sign On provider for your Discourse forum.
This will override Discourse's native (and powerful) login flow and is only recommended for use cases that strictly require such a setup, e.g. a site that is already using WordPress for large scale user management.
- WP Discourse plugin installation and setup
- WP Discoures template customization
- WP Discourse plugin tips & tricks