We’re Hiring a SysadminJeff Atwood April 23, 2015
Update: As of June 1st, 2015, this position is now filled.
Discourse has been growing by leaps and bounds, and we’re deep into the 1.3 release, which has some exciting new features.
Along with this growth, there have been some growing pains, mostly in the area of keeping up with configuration changes in our infrastructure. Which reminds me, have you followed @discourse on Twitter? If not, you should!
It has become very clear that we need someone here at Discourse working full time on system adminstration and ops. Obligatory XKCD:
We’ve had excellent part-time support from our beloved Michael Brown, aka Supermathie, but despite offering him unlimited poutine, Coffee Crisp bars, Timbits, and as much milk in a bag as he could carry, we were sadly unable to convince him to join us full time.
Needless to say, we’re sorry.
So, effective immediately, we are looking for an awesome full time 100% remote, work from home system administrator!
- Work from home, 100% remote
- Deep Linux sysadmin background, ideally in a hosting environment
- Solid automation experience with Puppet / Chef / Ansible
- Good working knowledge of the tools we currently rely on such as Docker, HAProxy, Nginx, Redis, Postgres, and Postfix.
- Reasonable Cisco switch experience
- You’re OK with some aspect of being “on call” in the event that things go sideways, and setting up monitoring with Graphite or Zabbix to make sure you know before that ever happens
- General love of online discussion forums and Discourse, specifically (yes there will be a test)
If that sounds like your bag, email us at email@example.com. We’d love to talk to you. Come grow with us!